Search This Blog

Risk factors for esophageal cancer.


Dietary

Deficiency of vitamins (A, C, riboflavin, thiamine, pyridoxine)

Deficiency of trace elements (zinc, molybdenum)

Fungal contamination of foodstuffs

High content of nitrites/nitrosamines

Betel nut chewing

Lifestyle

Burning-hot beverages or food

Alcohol consumption

Tobacco use

Urban environment.


Esophageal Disorders

Long-standing esophagitis and Barret’s metaplasia

Achalasia

Plummer-Vinson syndrome( esophageal webs, microcytic hypochromic anemia and atrophic gastritis)

Genetic Predisposition

TP53 tumor supressor gene mutation

Long-standing celiac disease

Ectodermal dysplasia

Epidermolysis bullosa

Racial disposition

4 comments:

  1. This is my first visit to this site and feeling great to be here. This post "Ron Silver dies of esophageal cancer" is amazing. And have shared this with face book! The esophagus or the food pipe is a10 inch long tube that conveys food from the mouth to the stomach. When the DNA of the cells lining the esophagus gets damaged, the cells start multiplying autonomously and uncontrollably, and ultimately results in a mass of malignant cells.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please kindly delete the spam comment with a link to my site posted by ID (Astin Feb 28, 2011 11:08 PM). This is a generic spam comment and a person working for me without my authorization posted this exactly similar comment on many blogs. I will greatly appreciate if you can delete this comment from your blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please kindly delete the spam comment with a link to my site posted by ID (Astin on Feb 28, 2011 11:08 PM). This is a generic spam comment and a person working for me without my authorization posted this exactly similar comment on many blogs. I will greatly appreciate if you can delete this comment from your blog. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please kindly delete the spam comment posted by ID (Astin on Feb 28, 2011 11:08 PM). This is a generic spam comment posted by a person working for me without my authorization. This comment is linking to my site and I will greatly appreciate if you can delete this comment from your blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete